Pacific Rim Play Therapy LLC takes numerous steps a a precaution to minimize possible exposure and cleaniness.
COVID 19 Safety Protocol
- Pre-screening Covid-19 symptoms; checklists and temperature checks for all patients and visitors prior to entrance into the office.
- Face Masks are required to be worn in the office at all times regardless of age of the patient as it is required by the building management.
- Ample office space is available to allow for social distancing of 6 feet in each therapy area.
- Hand sanitizers gel are present in each playroom and waiting room.
- Covid-19 Posters that contain proper hand washing, symptom identification, how to wear a face mask and social distancing are posted in the waiting room.
- Each patient needs to sign an Covid-19 agreement for Face-to-Face Therapy.
- PPE supplies are available at the office for patient use (gloves, face masks (child and adult sizes) , Face shields and sanitizer alcohol wipes)
Patients or family members with possible exposure, symptoms or close contact
- All patients are informed that they need to call the office if they have been possibly exposed to Covid-19 or have been in close contact or symptomatic 24 hours prior to any appointments at the office.
- If a patient has been in close contact to a possible Covid-19 individual, they are asked to quarantine as recommended by the Department of Health or their physician and are not seen in person until cleared.
- Any patients with symptoms or fever above normal (98.6 degrees) are not allowed in the office and cannot return to in-person therapy unless they are cleared by their physician or have a negative Covid-19 test. You are to provide a copy of the test results or a doctor’s note.
- All Staff at the office are fully vaccinated.
Office cleaning and disinfecting
- Cleanable plastic toys and miniature figures are cleaned using detergent and water or sprayed with 70% alcohol.
- Doorknobs, light switches, thermometers are wiped down daily.
- HEPA Air filters are in each room and circulating fans as well as air conditioning to provide air circulation.
- Building restrooms a maintained by building cleaners daily.
- Carpets are vacuumed daily.
- No bleach or bleach solutions are used due to chemical fumes and possible chemical reactions if mixed with other solutions.
- Sand is cleaned using a cleaning solution (kills germs 99%) and rinsed and allowed to dry.
- Sand tray miniatures are sprayed with alcohol and allowed to air dry on a regular basis.